Our Patients In Active Treatment
Your Participation and Cooperation is Crucial
When you begin orthodontic treatment, you undertake a long-term commitment. Your active participation and cooperation are essential for a successful outcome to your treatment.
Ways You Will Help Your Treatment Succeed:
- Keep to a regular appointment schedule. Generally, you will see the orthodontist every 4 to 6 weeks. Some of these appointments will be during morning or early afternoon hours depending upon the type of procedure required and availability.
- Follow the food guidelines and avoid biting on things such as pens or pencils that may damage your braces.
- Wear all appliances and/or elastics as prescribed by the orthodontist. The more faithfully you wear appliances such as headgear or use your elastics properly, the quicker your treatment will progress.
- Call the office as soon as you have any pain or anything has broken. Don't lose important time in your treatment by not calling as soon as a problem occurs. If you are not sure whether your problem is an emergency, call the office anyway and explain the situation. We will be able to tell you how urgently your problem needs to be addressed
- Ask questions. It is important that you understand your treatment and the doctors are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Remember this is YOUR treatment.
At the end of active treatment, you will see how all your hard work has paid off, but you aren't finished yet! The next step is wearing your retainers faithfully.
The result of all this hard work? A smile of which you can be truly proud.
back to the Active Patient Index